Friday, December 21, 2012

The Back Nine Pub - Lakeville, MA


I’m not sure why we have never thought to go to The BackNine Pub before but we finally decided to give it a try.  The Back Nine is located at 17 Heritage Hill Drive, Lakeville in the clubhouse of its 18-hole public golf course and is open year-round (except on Monday’s).  As we were driving to The Back Nine I had no idea what to expect but thought it was likely just burgers and sandwiches.  After reviewing the menu, I was pleasantly surprised and happy to be wrong!

The menu had a varying selection of items ranging from appetizers and salads to seafood and steaks.  Of course there was the typical selection of burgers and pizza as well but overall, the menu was chock full with six pages of items to choose from.
 
Shortly after we were seated, our waitress, Amy, came to our table to take our drink order.  I ordered my usual Malibu and Diet Coke ($8.50 for a tall set-up), my husband ordered a 16 ounce Sam’s Seasonal (winter) draft beer ($4.00), and my son, who I had just picked up from college earlier in the day and had decided to join us for dinner, ordered a lemonade ($2.50).



Bleu Buffalo Flatbread Pizza
 
Around the table, the decisions were difficult.  With some many choices, it was hard to decide. My son admitted that he was not very hungry and was looking for something that would be good for leftovers so he decided to order a Bleu Buffalo Flatbread Pizza ($12.99), which had alfredo sauce, cheese, buffalo chicken and crumbled bleu cheese on top.


Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Apparently it was a night for buffalo chicken because my husband ordered a Buffalo Chicken Wrap.  This wrap was made with buffalo chicken, bleu cheese dressing, lettuce and tomato and came with a side of French fries and a pickle for $8.99.  He substituted sweet potato fries for the regular fries for an additional $1.00.


Grilled Pub Filet
I was in the mood for beef and was torn between the Steak Tip Scampi ($14.99), the Steak and Cheese Quesadilla ($8.49) and the Grilled Pub Filet ($15.49).  While they all sounded delicious, the Pub Filet won with its savory garlic butter and thinly cut, crispy onion rings. I was able to pick from two side dishes and chose French fries and onion rings.  Other options were cole slaw, rice pilaf, sweet potato fries, baked potato, sautéed vegetable medley, or a loaded baked potato for an additional $.99.

It did not take very long for our food to arrive and we all enjoyed what we had ordered.  My steak was done just as I had ordered (medium) and it was delicious with the garlic butter on top.  The crispy onions rings on top of my filet were admittedly better than the side of regular onion rings that I chose but both were good. 

My son ate about half of his pizza and, as he was planning to do, boxed the rest to take home for a mid-night snack!

Overall, my experience at The Back Nine Pub was pleasant and we collectively decided that we would go back again.  This place could definitely turn into a regular “go to spot” when we are looking to stay local and have a decent meal.  The atmosphere is casual, with lots of TV’s available for viewing throughout the restaurant and bar area.  Even though it has a bar in the center of the dining area, it was not too loud, which is what I also liked about it.  There was nothing fancy about The Back NinePub but there was nothing bad about it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment