Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blue Point Restaurant – Acushnet, MA

My step-daughter had plans to go out with her friends on Friday night (August 24th) so we invited my son-in-law and his mom (who was visiting from Arkansas) to join us for dinner.  We needed somewhere casual since my two year old granddaughter would be joining us as well. After texting back and forth with my son-in-law, we settled on the Blue Point Restaurant in Acushnet.

We had been there before and I knew that is was a relatively small restaurant that sometimes could have a long wait, especially on a Friday night.  Thankfully, they accept reservations for parties of four or more.  I called in a reservation for six (my daughter would be joining us as well) at 6:00 p.m.  We arrived right on schedule and were promptly seated in our reserved table.

Getting caught up in the company, I neglected to take lots of notes about the dining experience but none the less, I will make a few comments about our evening. 

In addition to the menu, the Blue Point offers blackboard specials.  On the board was also a note that a New England Clamboil was an additional $3.00 (due to the high price of clams). The regular menu price was $17.00 so $20.00 for a clamboil was still not a bad price.  Both my daughter and I decided to get the clamboil.  However, when the waitress came to take our orders, she told me they were out.  Very disappointed!  My daughter had a plan B to order the Nicky’s Marguerita Pizza ($9.50).  This pizza had alfredo sauce, sliced tomatoes, roasted garlic, parmesan cheese and freshly chopped basil.  I didn’t have a plan B so I made a quick decision to have the Baked Seafood Casserole (scrod, scallops, and stuffed shrimp all in one casserole) for $17.00.

My husband ordered the Meat Pie dinner ($9.50), my son-in-law ordered the large Fish and Chips ($10.00), to share with his mom, and his mom opted for the Crab Cakes appetizer for $6.50 (she planned to have a little bit of her son’s fish and chips).
 
I didn’t personally taste everyone’s food, but they all said that they enjoyed their meals.  Based on appearance, everything was as expected.  Nothing remarkable, but nothing bad, either. 

We’ll need to visit again so I can give a more accurate review – and hopefully have that Clamboil that I’m still craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment